1 Month to Holiday Countdown – Preparation
In 1 month I get to spend 17 days in Spain!!! eeeeeeee. Let the countdown begin.
This time of year every year I always aim to loose half a stone, and up my beauty routine ready for a few weeks in the Sun. I aim to loose 8 lbs or 4kg in 4 weeks, which I reckon should be manageable as I have lost 1.5kg already.
Food and Exercise
I have read two really inspirational health books lately.
Cameron Diaz’s Body
– I got this as the reviews were so good, and I am really glad I did. Cameron really knows her stuff and doesn’t go in for any of the pseudo-science bull, that you get in so many health books. She speaks in her book, the way you would imagine she would chat to you in real life and the book is so positive. I completely recommend this.
I bought this after reading about the authors struggle to avoid cancer. Tom has spent most of his adult life trying to avoid getting tumours due to a genetic disorder the makes him more prone to them than you or I. He has spent an enormous amount of time studying everything he could find to discover how best to preserve his health. I loved reading this book and zipped through it, as it is so easily digestible and gives you lots of easy-to-implement ideas to improve your health.
My Main Changes
Apart from weekends and nights out (of which there are many to navigate my way through) I will be trying to stick with veg/fruit, dairy and meat most of the week.
- Breakfast – Yoghurt with Granola (still obsessed with this.)
- Lunch – Beetroot Rainbow salad with egg
- Dinners -Courgette pasta with creamy tomato sauce and lime basil chicken or Cauliflower Paella/ Kedgeree
I have the worlds worst feet so most of my efforts will be spent trying to improve them. I have knobbly toes and dry skin on my heels from wearing flip-flops and open shoes nearly constantly.
- Foot Sanding – Twice weekly sessions with the Scholl pedicure spinny thing – just checked it is actually called the Scholl Express Pedi. I got this for free as a sample and I love it, so easy and satisfying to see all the horrid dead skin come away. It goes through batteries like no bodies business though, so you may want to invest in some rechargeables if you fancy one of these.
- LOTS of foot cream, I use Sanctuary Foot balm as it is relatively cheap and smells nice and fresh. It is usually £5ish but is often on 3 for 2.
- Deep Conditioning Hair – twice weekly – My usual favourite of Aussie 3 minute miracle, I will also be taking a full bottle of this to use everyday after going in the pool.
Suncream – I am so sick of the ramped up prices everywhere for suncream, Boots are advertising products that usually cost £6 as 1/2 price but still costing £6!
I have found my newest favourite Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration (LOVE the smell) for £5.25 a bottle at Asda
usually around £7.50 a bottle, and Boots claims it costs £15 before their half price deal, really! This stuff looks so nice on your skin it really sinks in whilst leaving a lovely flattering sheen. I would use this as a moisturiser just for the smell and finish regardless of it’s SPF protection.
We have a collection of my husband and my favourite Malibu SPF 15 dry oil spray, that we get in Home Bargains Up North for £3 a time
, but it is not any good for the kids. Smells divine though and so easy to apply as you can spray from any angle. I have just realised that they stock this at Asda too for £3
and it comes in an SPF 30.
As I have mentioned before, I love a good list, nothing makes me happier than writing things down and checking them off. I designed these sheets a couple of years ago, and I use them every time I go away to ensure that I have everything covered before I go. I have now printed off the ones for this holiday and am busy checking everything is ready.
I will try write a post each week about all the bits I am doing to get ready and leave me all set to enjoy my holiday without worrying about details.